Saturday, November 27, 2004

BROTHER D

...is Brother Dennis Salud, my first discipler in Christ's Commission Fellowship (CCF). Having been a Protestant since college, I went through several denominations, from Assemblies of God to Pentecostal to Evangelical.

Brother D and his 'D-Group' (another term for cell group) were having their Bible study in Figaro-Greenbelt, Makati when I happened to be around having coffee. I was supposed to attend a press conference in the area, but forgot what and where I was supposed to go. So, while I was sipping my barako coffee, I saw Dennis, Au, Serf and others in a circle. This was late last summer (2004). It was the time I was becoming interested in the holy scriptures again after watching The Passion of The Christ. I told them I'd be joining their group the following week, which I did.

Dennis is married to Liza Berroya, the former Bb. Pilipinas Miss Universe. They have three kids: DJ, Sofia, and Josh. Brother D is a business exec, as are Brothers Au (de Leon) and Carlo (Cervantes). Liza also leads her all-female D-Group in Makati, with such fine sisters as Maripi, Kitty, and Karla.

Other professionals in Dennis' D-Group included a Time Magazine sales exec, a TV cameraman, a pediatrician, and a marketing communication officer for a chain of hotels (that was moi).
After about a month, I became a frequent attendee in their Bible-based church in Ortigas Center (St. Francis Square area). And I am now a regular attendee of the vesper service since CCF's 20th anniversary, and am even involved in a couple of CCF ministries.

Today, I remain a firm believer in the LORD who is Faithful and True. Amen to that. And my area pastor is the wonderful Pastor Ricky Sarthou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home